Skip to content

Aviosys IP 9100a with Security Spy on Mac

edited April 2014 in SecuritySpy
Hi - I just recently switched from BlueIris to Security, but Im not happy with the performance. With BlueIris I could run a good 5fps on my Aviosys IP 9100a but with Security Spy I can only get 1fps. Please advise..

Comments

• Hi - this camera being a 1-input device under the hood, we only support 4-camera input from it when you are using it with the custom Yoics firmware for the 9100A. We have no direct experience with this however we have been informed by users that it works reasonably well. The firmware "simulates" realtime 4-camera capture by continually switching between each of its inputs, however of course this limits the frame rate it can provide to SecuritySpy.

Are you using this firmware? Have you enabled all 4 inputs in SecuritySpy?
  • Yes, I am using the latest Yoics firmware with all 4 camera enabled in SecuritySpy. I can tell your software in not hitting the media server as fast a blue iris just by looking at the link light.
  • OK thanks for the clarification. I'll have a look at this this week and see if there's anything we can do about the performance.
  • Thank You!
  • Any Updates?
  • Hello - sorry for the delay - I've just sent you an email with an updated beta version of SecuritySpy to test. It will request images from the device much more frequently, which will hopefully improve the frame rate from this device.