Skip to content

Missing motion detect events

I have got 4 different installations of SS but one of them in particular is prone to missing events. It has missed cars and people that I expected to trigger it.

Now I know I can increase sensitivity but before I do that I was going to play with the humans/vehicles AI settings. However I am struggling to get my head round what is actually going on with this. If I enable humans and vehicles without increasing sensitivity will that in itself make it more likely to detect those types of events. Also, I appreciate that there is also an AI detection threshold. If I decrease that am I more likely to get other spurious events.

Comments

• The AI acts as an additional filter, removing false-positive detections. So, if you think you are getting missed events without having the AI enabled, then enabling it won't help with this problem. Please see Achieving Effective Motion Detection, and if this doesn't help you fix the issue on this particular system, please email us and include enough information to help us to see what is going wrong and to help you resolve it. This includes images from the cameras in question (right-click on a camera's live video and select "Save Image"), and a debug file so that we can check your settings (SecuritySpy menu > Debug > Create Debug File On Desktop).

• I've just enabled continuous capture on all cameras and hope that I can capture an event that will make it easy to work out what is going on. For example yesterday I saw a car drive right in front of a camera but it wasn't recorded on motion detect. I'll get back to you when I've got something I think is useful.

• Also further to my previous - if the AI remotes false positives wouldn't the effect of adding the Ai and also increasing sensitivity, cancel out when it came to false positives but improve false negatives which is what I'm trying to solve. I really am only interested in cars and people.