Skip to content

V6 web interface settings - where?

I took the V6 documentation to understand I should be able to fully configure SS from the web interface like in v5, e.g. adjust masks, enable/disable cameras, change capture parameters, etc. Problem is, I can't find the settings now?

When I go to port 8443 on my SS server (e.g. https://blah:8443/), I get the new web UI that lists the cameras down the left side, I can click on a camera to view it, fine. The settings gear icon at the bottom only seems to change live display options. I can only change between Live and Captures on the sidebar, and collapse the sidebar. Where are the rest of the SS server settings?

Comments

• Oh nevermind, apparently my profile was a "Custom" view that did not include Administrator settings. Odd, I wonder why it worked in v5.

• Great to hear you found the solution. There have been a few changes to the way permissions work - specifically, in v5 it was possible to have permissions to edit the settings of individual cameras, but in v6 this has been changed so that you need overall Administrator privileges to make any settings changes.