Skip to content

Ignore motion when PTZ/patrol active

Hi.

Is there an option or can there be an option to ignore all motion when camera is moving during a patrol? This seems to confuse even the AI object detection and "ignore whole frame motion" doesn't seem to control it entirely.

Thanks

Comments

• BenBen
    edited April 2

SecuritySpy does automatically turn off its motion detection until it receives a reply from the camera, and then it waits an additional 3 seconds before resuming motion detection in order to allow the camera to complete its movement. However, in your case, it could be that the camera's movement lasts longer than this. Can you tell me roughly the delay between pressing the PTZ button and the movement completing? Perhaps we should tweak SecuritySpy to wait a bit longer.

The other thing to check is the "trigger duration" setting for this camera under Settings > Cameras > Triggers > Advanced Options. Is this set to a very short value? Try 1.5s for this setting.

• Thanks.

The patrol movement I most often get false motion detection is about 6-7 seconds long. It usually identifies a shrub as a human. Trigger I can probably speed up the PTZ speed to see if it helps. Trigger duration is set at 1.5s.

I've also just noticed that I'm losing my PTZ presets nightly on SecuritySpy 6. The last two days I've had to reprogram them and I can only program them by using Opt-click and and not the menu which I think was mentioned in posts awhile back.

Thanks for your assistance

• That's an unusually long time for a PTZ movement. I think what we'll do is add a custom settings for the amount of time to wait after the PTZ command, before re-starting motion detection.

I would not recommend increasing the trigger duration for motion detection too much, as this will increase the chance of missed events generally.

In terms of the presets - SecuritySpy does not store these; they are stored by the camera. The kinds of commands that SecuritySpy sends are "remember the current location to preset 2" or "move to preset 2". If the presets are being forgotten, then this is a camera issue. The main thing to do here is to make sure the camera is running the latest firmware version.

• OK. Thanks.

To clarify the PTZ is a patrol going from one preset to another almost 180 degrees, so there is a lot of movement. Another workaround would be to do an interim preset point so it's not going the full 180 degree all at once.

...yes verified that the presets are stored on the camera, so the loss of presets it's not a SecuritySpy Issue. I think the camera is reseting at 4am for some reason.

Thanks

• We've now added a new setting to adjust the wait time after a PTZ movement until motion detection resumes - you'll find this feature under Settings > Cameras > Setup > Advanced Setup Options in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy. It sounds like a settings of around 8 seconds will work for you here. I hope this will resolve this problem - please report back once you've had a chance to test.